Monday, August 22, 2011

Crafting Hiatus

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. It's been a crazy few weeks. I did finally finish the agenda cover, but I haven't taken pics yet. The little horror house just did me in. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning on July 31, hoping to finish the project. I've put so many hours into it, and I was determined to have it finished for the July challenge on the "50 Projects..." board. Around midnight, I realized I wasn't going to finish in time for the deadline, but I kept at it anyway. Finally, as I tried (in vain) to glue sticks to the roof, I gave up. I actually gave up. I think it broke me - I haven't crafted anything since.

What happened? The hot glue was just messy, and it kept showing through the sticks. It looked terrible. Sure, the house project is supposed to be a little house of horrors, but that doesn't mean it should look sloppy. It just wasn't the quality I expect of myself. And, after all the work went into all the other little details of the project, it just doesn't feel right to put together a sloppy roof. I think I've found a solution, but I haven't been able to bring myself to go back to it. Hopefully this week I'll have it in me to give this new idea a try.

So, with this hiatus, I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet my "Post on every Craftster board..." goal. I'm going to keep trying, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment